Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Right to Your Opinion

I tend to and like to keep an open mind on things and I liked "The Right to Your Opinion" because it lead me to have a couple of different of viewpoints on whether we're "entitled to our own opinion" or not. I agreed in the points being made in The Irrelevant Right and Rights & Duties, but didn't fully agree with Opinion Duties. I don't think knowing or checking if a car is coming counts as an "opinion". I think that example was weakly thought of just to prove a point because depending on the topic of the paper, the person's decision of seeing the car coming could've easily been just their spirit, their instinct, or even their aura, not their opinion. Then we would be analyzing the rights and wrongs on what our spirits are telling us or what our instincts are, not debating whether that knowing if a car is coming is a person's opinion or not and if telling a person an oncoming car is violating or arguing with that opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment