Thursday, October 13, 2016

vocab #6

meme: element that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means
She had been posting a lot of memes on her page.
virus: something that is able of copying itself and hes a destructive effect
All the adds gave my computer a terrible virus.
viral: something caused by virus, or something on the internet that circulates rapidly
The new cat video went viral quickly.
blog: (web log) website written in informal and conversational format
I had forgotten to update my story on my blog.
wiki: website that allows editing
I didn't really put much trust on the wiki website.
URL: (Uniform Resource Locator) website address
I had my teacher email me the URL to the essay we had to read.
website: location connected to the internet that maintains one or more pages on www
My teacher recommended a .org website because they're more trustworthy.
www: world wide web
I tend to skip typing www in a site's URL.
internet: global communication network that allows almost all computers worldwide to connect
He cried when he lost all internet access.
2.0: superior or more advanced version
After her makeover she was a cutie2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment